regain custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

momneedshelp123

I had an affair, i have two children. My ex manipulated me into signing divorce papers stating he takes full custody. But i have always been the main caregiver of my kids. We were working our relationship out. Then he decides he wants to transfer out of state for work which he told me i was going with. After everything was packed, he took off with the kids leaving me behind. Cops cant do anything because he has proof he has full custody. I NEED to get my kids back. i have many people to stand by myside and vouch for me that i was a great mother to the kids. How hard will it be to regain custody?

yes through court. honesstly, i just signed papers and he took it to court to get it finalized. he and i had an agreement that we would work it out and i would move to ohio with him. But he lied. now the kids are with him there in ohio. I need to see them but he wont even allow me to see them becuse he feels he has the upperhand by having full custody.

You will need to talk to a lawyer & see what you can get worked out. (Any changes will have to be done through the court.)

yes through court. honesstly, i just signed papers and he took it to court to get it finalized. he and i had an agreement that we would work it out and i would move to ohio with him. But he lied. now the kids are with him there in ohio. I need to see them but he wont even allow me to see them becuse he feels he has the upperhand by having full custody.

Maybe he lied to you like you lied on your marriage vows. Being a good mother includes teaching your children good life skills. Cheating on a spouse isn't a good life skill. But... the advice given is talk with a lawyer and go thru the courts.

Why, why, why would you sign something you didn't read or didn't agree with when the subject matter was something as important as your children?? I am not sure why you are surprised here. The father told you in writing exactly what he was doing and you agreed in writing. "Buyers remorse" doesn't change that. Dad has full custody so yes, if his job transfers him, he can take the children with him. he had no obligation to work on your now dissolved marriage. If you want to move to Ohio, nothing is stopping you. I just wouldn't do so with the hope of rekindling a romance with the guy you cheated on.

It doesn't matter how great of a mother you might have been or wish to be. You GAVE him full custody. If you now want to change that, you need to file for a modification with the court. Be prepared to explain why you the order you agreed to previous should be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back