Sign over rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not. She may file for custody, but children are not property which can be transferred to someone else. Whether or not she has custody, if it is your child, you will still be on the hook for support.

I want to sign my parental rights over to the mother of my child haut they reside in Texas how can I do this

If you no longer want to be involved in the lives of your children, you don't need a court to sanction that.

You simply stop interacting with the children, stop visiting them, stop sending them gifts, and refuse to take their calls.
If the children send you gifts, birthday cards, fathers day cards, or any other correspondence; you can throw their junk in the trash, UNOPENED.

Again, no court order is required to keep the pesky little rascals from bothering you.

You can even move, and not disclose your address or other details to the kids.

Now, if you are ordered by the court to pay child support, that ain't going anywhere, soon.

You, of course, are free to go to the court that issued the child support order and argue as to why you should no longer pay child support.
Miracles do happen, and fathers and mothers occasionally do convince courts to rescind child support orders, RARE, but it has happened.

Or, you can also try to convince the court to allow you to legally be absolved of fatherhood, but those pesky child support obligations are rarely legally removed.

That doesn't hinder some folks, they simply IGNORE what they believe to be an UNLAWFUL order over their SOVEREIGN personhood.

WARNING: That argument fails regularly, but they don't care, because they wear their deadbeat titles proudly.

Pesky, clingy kids, YUCK.

Complete termination of parental rights has to be done by a court order that permanently severs the legal parent-child relationship when the court finds one or both parents to be unfit, or when one or both parents give up their parental rights so that an adoption can take place. Termination of parental rights IS NOT granted by the courts on request or by mutual agreement of the parents as a means of solving visitation or support disputes.

As shrinkmaster asked, is the Mother presently married & if so, does her husband want to adopt the child?

You need to think carefully about this. If the other parent is keeping child from you or making it so child dislikes you there are legal actions you can take to change this. Once you seek and are granted a TPR so other parents current husband (if married) can adopt you lose child forever. Its over legally you no longer have a child or any rights to see, talk. text etc this child you are a "legal stranger". Its a drastic step and not one to be taken without careful thought. More on step parent adoptions here http://www.parentnook.com/step-parent-adoptions/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back