Wife trying to prove me unfit

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylaleexixi

Ok, so my wife and I decided to have a baby. We are now separated (not legally) and she is trying to MAKE me sign my rights over by telling me that her current boyfriend is just going to take care of our unborn child. She is telling that if I don't, that she will prove me unfit, and I will have nothing to do with her unless it's me making a child support payment. I don't know what my rights are as the baby in not born yet, and I want to be a part of my child's life. I work, I have a stable home, etc. What do I do?

Ok, so my wife and I decided to have a baby. We are now separated (not legally) and she is trying to MAKE me sign my rights over by telling me that her current boyfriend is just going to take care of our unborn child. She is telling that if I don't, that she will prove me unfit, and I will have nothing to do with her unless it's me making a child support payment. I don't know what my rights are as the baby in not born yet, and I want to be a part of my child's life. I work, I have a stable home, etc. What do I do?

First of all, the baby isn't born.
Nothing will occur until the baby is born, HOPEFULLY ALIVE!
Separated or not, you're legally married, and you're the putative father.
You don't have to do or say a darn thing, except, PROVE IT.

Just so you know, it'll never happen, as the state is often unable to prove parents unfit.
The other side of the coin, you don't know if the baby is yours biologically.
It doesn't matter, because LEGALLY you're the pappy, even if DUDE is the sperm donor daddy.
That means you're stuck with paying.
So, just let Miss Big Mouth take you to court.
You ask for a DNA test, and let the chips fall where they may.
I've seen this movie before, when SHE knows YOU ain't the baby's pappy.
You feel me, bro?

I would make damn sure if i was any where around this women someone was with me at ALL times. She could trap you... He hit me... He did this or that...

The courts view, unless you do something to change it is that she considered you such great genetic material she married and procreated with you. Anything in your history, to that point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back