Child custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsarduy89

I have a 15 year old sister who her father has custody of and she now wants to move in with mom.Is there a way tindo this without paying so much money to re open the case? Because her father is not just going to let her go like that.

I have a 15 year old sister who her father has custody of and she now wants to move in with mom.Is there a way tindo this without paying so much money to re open the case? Because her father is not just going to let her go like that.

Courts rarely care what a child has to say regarding custody matters.

If her mom wants to seek custody, mom is free to bring such a charge before the court that controls the current custody order.

Mom can then tell the court why the child would be better off with her and not with dad.

Better off must be a reason, not simply "I want to live with mom."

Mom might want to talk to a family law attorney. This is something that will have to be handled through the court system.

Or, in a sane world with halfway decent parents, the child could talk to both parents about increasing the amount of time she spends with the NCP. The arrangement that worked when the kid was little might not be as good a solution once the child gets older. A girl might want more time with Mom once she hits those teenage years as even the best Dad in the world can struggle to understand the changes she is going through. Parents acting like parents, voluntarily in the best interest of the child is always legal and the cheapest way to go.

If the parents can not be reasonable, Mom is going to have to go the court route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back