How long after a closed DCFS case do they monitor the parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedmommy2be

My rights to my 3 children were terminated by the St Clair County of Illinois 8 almost 9 years ago due to neglect. It has been 5 years since my divorce from the the father was finalized. I have a stable life now that includes a nice home and a decent job in health insurance. I have recently remarried to a man who has no criminal record/DCFS cases. I am expecting our first child together(my 4th,his first). I'm worried that after all these years of straightening out my life and getting back on the right track to be a better member of society/mother Dcfs will take my baby at the hospital. Will DCFS automatically take the baby at the hospital? How would they even know that I'm pregnant, who would report that to them? Am I banned from ever having children? I just want to move on from my past and have a loving stable family. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

You are not banned from having additional children. Unless the reason you lost your children puts any new child at grave risk of harm, I doubt that DCFS will be paying attention or care even if you do come to their attention. They MIGHT keep an eye on you, but, they have no legitimate right to swoop in and snag a child just because you lost custody 8 years ago.

You should be fine - enjoy your child (when he/she arrives) & your new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back