What Can My mother and I do to gain custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcn

Recently, like the past two days i recieved word the that all four of my neices and nephews have been taken by the Forida DCF. My mother and I dont want the children to get lost in the sytem. We live in Illinois and want to gain custody of them. My brother has been avoiding all questions we ask regarding the caseworker to see if we can talk to them.

My mother was certified about 23 years ago for foster to adoption here in Illinois, Which is how my brothers(biological) and I came to be in her care. I was wondering if that works as a plus for us getting the children up here? Would she have to re-certify? What would we need to do?

I dont want my brother to have custody of these kids ever again but also I want them to be with us their family, not lost in Florida's foster system.

Just call DCF. They will connect you with the caseworker and ya'll go from there.

Recently, like the past two days i recieved word the that all four of my neices and nephews have been taken by the Forida DCF. My mother and I dont want the children to get lost in the sytem. We live in Illinois and want to gain custody of them. My brother has been avoiding all questions we ask regarding the caseworker to see if we can talk to them.

My mother was certified about 23 years ago for foster to adoption here in Illinois, Which is how my brothers(biological) and I came to be in her care. I was wondering if that works as a plus for us getting the children up here? Would she have to re-certify? What would we need to do?

I dont want my brother to have custody of these kids ever again but also I want them to be with us their family, not lost in Florida's foster system.

Your problem will be the geographical distance and the different state jurisdictions.

It is possible to get certified for foster care in Florida, while residing in Illinois, maybe.

I know from the saga a relative had to endure to attempt what you want to achieve, you'll probably be required to establish residency in Florida first, or at some point in the foster family processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back