Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer09

I have a 10 year old daughter and i am need help. Her mother to is unfit. Over the weekend, i had my daughter and was informed from my daughter that her mother didnt give her the medicine for her pink eye that she just got. Well I sent her a message asking her to meet me at our designated location so i can get her meds. Her mother said she was not going to meet there nor drive to north end of town. Then she said you can come get it when i get home. Im heading home now. SO when i told her to leave it out where i can get it because i am 30 mins out of town she sends me a text saying i am not home nor am i going home. I am busy and am not making the extra trip. So my daughter went all day with out her meds because her mom refuses to give me her insurance card just incase i have to take her in. Then the next morning around 11 she texts me and says i am at work so if i want her meds to come get it. Well my daughter woke up with a severly swollen eye and her other eye is now infected. So i am hoping she is getting her meds like she should. But then when saturday night hit our only vehicle caught on fire. so i sent her a message telling her about it and that she will have to come pick her up today because i am out of a car. She refused and said i better find someone to bring her to her at our meeting spot at 6. Well everyone was busy and the only person with a car i could use is my mom and dad and they are living with my grandma because she falls alot so i didnt want to take there only transportation just in case she fell and they had to leave. I dont know what to do.

I have a 10 year old daughter and i am need help. Her mother to is unfit. Over the weekend, i had my daughter and was informed from my daughter that her mother didnt give her the medicine for her pink eye that she just got. Well I sent her a message asking her to meet me at our designated location so i can get her meds. Her mother said she was not going to meet there nor drive to north end of town. Then she said you can come get it when i get home. Im heading home now. SO when i told her to leave it out where i can get it because i am 30 mins out of town she sends me a text saying i am not home nor am i going home. I am busy and am not making the extra trip. So my daughter went all day with out her meds because her mom refuses to give me her insurance card just incase i have to take her in. Then the next morning around 11 she texts me and says i am at work so if i want her meds to come get it. Well my daughter woke up with a severly swollen eye and her other eye is now infected. So i am hoping she is getting her meds like she should. But then when saturday night hit our only vehicle caught on fire. so i sent her a message telling her about it and that she will have to come pick her up today because i am out of a car. She refused and said i better find someone to bring her to her at our meeting spot at 6. Well everyone was busy and the only person with a car i could use is my mom and dad and they are living with my grandma because she falls alot so i didnt want to take there only transportation just in case she fell and they had to leave. I dont know what to do.

Hmmm, the child was ill, yet you failed to take her to the ER or urgent care.
In my view, child services should snatch that child from both of you.
Neither one of you is fit to care for that poor, little girl.
I do hope the poor little girl received proper care by now.
If I knew who you were, I'd drop a dime on both of you.
I am reluctant to get involved in anything, but all I can envision is a child suffering with conjunctivitis, going to school, potentially infecting other innocent children.
You think it's all mom's fault.
Sad, very, very sad.

Last edited:
So your daughter forgot to bring her meds with her when you picked her up and your ex was unavailable to run home and deliver them to you or let you in her house to get them. That hardly qualifies her as unfit. Neither is expecting you to have reliable transportation to meet the terms of your custody arrangement. Sure it would be nice if you two could act like adults and not play the blame game and thwart one another. If her eyes were getting worse, you should have taken her to the doctor/urgent care/ER. Or asked her before you picked her up if she had her meds with her. Or gone back to the house to get them when your ex was able to let you in. Letting her suffer while blaming Mom is unacceptable in any universe. In the grand scheme, this isn't life and death and there is nothing to indicate she is unfit.

The problem here is not really the sick child or busted car those are the reason you both use. both of you have options that could have resolved both issues. What you and your EX are dealing with is your frustration with each other and your failed relationship. You both need to act like adults and co parent your child. Its the child who loses when parents cannot agree or work together. Here are some tips on co parenting that might serve you well http://www.parentnook.com/co-parenting-advice-for-your-children/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back