Naturalization, Citizenship renewal of green card with DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

amartinez0915

So I got a DUI back in September of 2014 along with a ticket for driving with a license suspended, expired registration and no insurance. The reason why my license was suspended was because I missed a court date in April for a ticker that I received August of 2013, my original court date was December of 2013, I showed up but on that day they didn't find anything on the computer for me, and they gave me a notarized letter saying I was there, when they changed my court date to April I was not informed and that's where it all begun, my green card expires July of 2015. It is my first DUI and got my license suspended for now. My lawyer is trying to get things straight for me but I am just afraid this will not allow me to renew my green card or apply for citizenship (which is what I wanted to do) been here for 19 years. Someone please help me... should I be worried?

Since you have a lawyer, he/she can help you more than we can & can answer any questions you might have.

You should be worried. The DUI is a 2 year jail time potential plus you committed a bunch of misdemeanors. You need an immigration lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back