sisters unborn child

Status
Not open for further replies.

lklemm

I have many questions that I need answers to. My sister is having a baby and cannot keep the child. Her wish is for me and my wife to take the child in as our own. We are not sure of the steps in which we would have to take for this situation. Seeing how I am in a same-sex marriage and we live in Tennessee. We want to get this all taken care of before the child is born. Please help us

I have many questions that I need answers to. My sister is having a baby and cannot keep the child. Her wish is for me and my wife to take the child in as our own. We are not sure of the steps in which we would have to take for this situation. Seeing how I am in a same-sex marriage and we live in Tennessee. We want to get this all taken care of before the child is born. Please help us

It's not a great idea, plus, it's likely not to happen.
The father would get the child, before you'd get the child.
Talk to an attorney, let him or her explain it to you.
Children aren't property, they're human beings.
You can't gift or trade people, even little people, as in children.

The FATHER and the MOTHER want to sign over full rights to us for us to adopt the child. Your right children are not property but they are a gift from god and we want to give the child a better life. So back to my orginal question, if anyone is willing to help give advice on what steps we should take to start our family with this child.

The FATHER and the MOTHER want to sign over full rights to us for us to adopt the child. Your right children are not property but they are a gift from god and we want to give the child a better life. So back to my orginal question, if anyone is willing to help give advice on what steps we should take to start our family with this child.

Hire a lawyer.
The father and mother can't just GIFT their child.
I'm not saying its good or bad, or whether I agree with it, or disagree with it.
It, however, is the law.
If the father and the mother want to place the child up for adoption, it must be done using the court system of your state.
An online forum is not equipped to provide in depth legal instruction or offer complex legal advice.
I suggest all four of you see an adoption attorney in your county.
The attorney can further advise all four of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back