Child Upduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenf

Okay We Have A 3 Year Old Niece Name (deleted by moderator). Her Father (deleted by moderator), Mother (deleted by moderator). They Lived In (his) Moms House Since (my niece) Was Born, After A 1 Year & A Couple Months, After That She Moved To Las Vegas (Without Her 2 Kids) She Left The Kids With (father's) Family (Including Her Son That She Had With Another Guy) So Went To Las Vegas She A Prositute & In We've Known For A While. She (mother) Seen Her Kids Like 6 Times Within A 2 Year Span. And On October 20 (the parents) AGREED That He'll Let See (her) For Her Birthday, With The Agreement Being She Will Return (my niece) From Las Vegas On October 31 (Halloween) But Since That Day She Have Not Returned Her & Threaten To Keep Her Saying "She's Not Sending Her Back" & Not Only That She Didn't Come Get Her Child. She Stayed In Las Vegas Where She Live & Told Her Mom To Bring (my niece) From California To Las Vegas (I Think They Had It Planned Out) But Now She Saying She's Not Gonna Bring Her Back!! Legally She Can't Do That & I Heard That If Somebody Have Bern Living In A House For More Then 30 Then They Legally Live At That Address (my niece) Has Lived At The Same Address Since Birth Till - October 20 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very sad. Do you have a question?

Your post has been edited to remove the names for everyone's protection, including yours.

Last edited:
Okay, that whole thing lost me.

WHO has court-ordered custody of the child(ren) in question? How long has mom or dad been out of the picture? Assuming YOU are the one who has cared for the child since birth, you might want to speak with an attorney and consider pursuing a case for child abandonment against the parents and work with social services and the court to get temporary legal guardianship of the child.

Without any legal protections, if mom shows up at your door and calls the cops, you will almost certainly have to turn the child over to her ... unless she is high, wanted, or otherwise a risk to the child when she arrives. Though the police might decide to tell mom to go get a court order, but, that's hard to say.

It sounds as if there is no court ordered custody.
From what I can decipher here, it appears mom is not doing anything illegal. Everyone knows where the child is. If there is a dispute as to where the child should live it must be resolved in court with a custody order.

Your post is kind of hard to follow. However, you might want to run all this by a family law attorney. The court system "might" have to get involved depending on what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back