mom wants to sign her rights over my stepdaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

catgoodman

my stepdaughter mom is wanting to.sign her rights over with nu child.support.. how do i go about getting this going. is there any papers online we can print out to get it going without lawyers

my stepdaughter mom is wanting to.sign her rights over with nu child.support.. how do i go about getting this going. is there any papers online we can print out to get it going without lawyers

Not going to happen. Babies aren't chattel. Babies can't be legally abandoned, parental rights aren't easily given away.

The potential target, err parent, must adopt the child. That won't happen with a new born.
However, the mother of a new born can simply drop the new born off at a police, fire station, hospital; no questions asked.

The father needs to be involved in the process. It's also EXPENSIVE, time consuming, and requires an attorney. It's unlike transferring a car title, because a baby isn't chattel.

Last edited:
They could try but the title and registration will always be invalid absent adoption.:roflmao:

Not going to happen. Babies aren't chattel. Babies can't be legally abandoned, parental rights aren't easily given away.

The potential target, err parent, must adopt the child. That won't happen with a new born.
However, the mother of a new born can simply drop the new born off at a police, fire station, hospital; no questions asked.

The father needs to be involved in the process. It's also EXPENSIVE, time consuming, and requires an attorney. It's unlike transferring a car title, because a baby isn't chattel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back