Accued of contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazeeza

I was recently served with papers stating that I am in contempt of court for child visitation. I was recently awarded residential parent for school purposes in a shared parenting case. My ex was awarded standard parenting time with a provision for additional parenting time as the parties mutually agree. " Plaintiff should utilize these provisions to provide defendant ample parenting time beyond the standard order as to replicate, as much as possible, what the parties were doing prior to this past school year. If plaintiff were to limit defendant strictly to standard parenting time, the Court would welcome a later petition for modification."
I provided my ex with a couple of extra days and overnights as well as opened up the times on the days she has them. I'm not sure what the judgement allows and deems contempt. Her attorney contacted me and wanted to changed the order to a 50/50 schedule. I did not agree. What can I expect from this point forward? Since the order for parenting time is a gray area, am I guilty of any wrongdoing?

Thanks

I was recently served with papers stating that I am in contempt of court for child visitation. I was recently awarded residential parent for school purposes in a shared parenting case. My ex was awarded standard parenting time with a provision for additional parenting time as the parties mutually agree. " Plaintiff should utilize these provisions to provide defendant ample parenting time beyond the standard order as to replicate, as much as possible, what the parties were doing prior to this past school year. If plaintiff were to limit defendant strictly to standard parenting time, the Court would welcome a later petition for modification."

What you read are simply allegations.
You are being summoned to appear before the judge to defend yourself.
The court will hear the sides of BOTH parties.
So far, the court has taken no position on the matter.

I provided my ex with a couple of extra days and overnights as well as opened up the times on the days she has them. I'm not sure what the judgement allows and deems contempt. Her attorney contacted me and wanted to changed the order to a 50/50 schedule. I did not agree. What can I expect from this point forward? Since the order for parenting time is a gray area, am I guilty of any wrongdoing?

Thanks

You can expect the mother's attorney to argue for for 50/50 custody and time sharing.

Nothing wrong with that, unless the court determines from your argument that 50/50 would be harmful to the child.

Normally, more of mommy and daddy is best for the child.

Bottom line, the court will always err on the child's side, doing what is best for the child.

So should both parents endeavor to practice being the best mommy or daddy doing what is best for the child.

The judge will sanction you, or not sanction, depending on your defense.

Bottom line, its always better for mommy and daddy to compromise in lieu of having the court decide petty matters!

As in most things, pick your battles wisely, choosing peace over war in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back