My child at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

snsdaugh

Hi
(I was called low class and a twit on another forum because I had mentioned back child support was owed, hopefully people here are a little more friendly)
My daughter's father lives with his sister Beth*. She has not had custody of her children for a little over 2 years. I have no idea why and they beat around the bush when I ask why. My child visits her father every other weekend, just as the court order says. For the past 2 years, Beth has had 5 live in boyfriends, all of them seem to have questionable backgrounds. The most recent she married after a couple months of dating. She has only been married a couple weeks, when just this weekend he stole her car, totaled it, ran from police, and the finally arrested after a domestic violence call the next morning by Beth. After I did more research on this man, he was released in july for possesion of meth and evading police in the past. I know that she is not always supervised by her father when she is over there because when i go to pick her up, 9 times out of 10 her is not there. I am not trying to take my daughter away from her father, but am I being irrational about not wanting her to be in this home?
a.)she doesnt have custody of her own children there must be a good reason why. Am I legally able to know why via background check since she does at times care for my child with no other adult present?
b.)My daughter complains about fleas and dog poop everywhere on the floor and does not want to go over there, yet I am legally obligated to send her on her way. She also tells me she does not get baths
c.)When I had percocets from getting my wisdom teeth pulled, Beth asked me how much I wanted for them which leads me to believe she (and most likely her boyfriends) may have illegal drugs in the home.
Is there anything I can do legally? I am worried for my daughter's safety

Beth could be recently released serial murderer, and it won't matter to you, unless Beth is a convicted child molester. If Beth suddenly abuses or molests your child, and you have proof, it'll begin to matter. Those are the laws that our legislators created. Beth's poor choice in husbands, won't matter, unless her hubby is a convicted child molester banned from being near children.

As far as your child coming home with fleas, get her treated. Make sure she receives medical care. Take her to a physician or an ER. That'll allow you to begin establishing your case. Then contact child services, or go to court and tell the judge that issued your current child custody/visitation order.

As long as the order says Abe must do XXXX, Anna must do YYYY, Anna and Abe MUST obey, or risk court sanctions.

Whatever you do, don't interfere with lawful visitation. If an emergency arises, immediately involve the police, child services, or medical authorities. Plus, document, document, document and retain your PROOF.

These battles are resolved in courts of law. There are reasons people are divorced or were never married. Simply put, most former spouses or lovers rarely agree on anything. But, that's how you avoid these problems. Negotiating can be very helpful in resolving many issues.

If you are owed or owe back child support, that must be resolved by the courts. Your state's child collection agency can further assist you in resolving those issues.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back