my niece wants me to get custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

chell101

My niece is 13 years old and live with. Thier grandparents. On thier moms side of the family . i seen my niece for the first time in almost 2 years. Not by my choice. Her grandparents. And my niece said her grandpa is throwing her against the wall and abusing her. She is starting to cut her self for being with this family, and when her mom came over. All she did was holler at her. And look like she was on drugs by the way she was twitching everywhere. Please help me. What do i need to do to help get her out of there.

If you suspect a child is being abused, contact the local law enforcement agency or CPS/DHR/DHS/DCFS.

Unreal... Your question is What do i need to do to help get her OUT OF THERE. I would have called the cops that SECOND if a young kid was being thrown against the wall. Honestly, you knowing that this child was thrown against the wall. Cutting themselves. then you left the house without calling the cops.... I don't think your ready to have this child either.

You do exactly what previous posters said. Contact Police and/or Children's services. they have the power to act to protect child. In mean time encourage this child to talk to a school counselor or the like

Don't worry about who gets custody at this time - just get the child out of there by contacting police or CPS (or a similar agcy.) If the child is cutting herself, she needs counseling/therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back