Rights over a child from a non-married "step-parent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingadew

My boyfriend's daughter, whom lives with us,(she's19) had a baby at 16 whom also lived with us until he was 9 months old...the father has him now, primary placement and custody and she has visitation every Saturday from 4pm-4pm. I have a few questions: The girlfriend of the father stays home and takes care of this little boy, who is now 2...she is referred to as his mommy and the father badmouths real mommy (whom the child also calls mommy), I believe this girlfriend and father are engaged and they live with her parents. I believe she takes this child to his medical appointments without the father, is this truly okay even if the father says it's okay?
My boyfriend and I have six of our own children between us and have both been through divorce and custody battles. He would like to go to court for grandparent rights/visitation and his daughter is going to take the father back to court next year when this current order can be changed(after the 2 year mark). There are obviously lots more details but we need to know what, if anything, biological mom can do/say at this point about the the girlfriend of the father acting and doing as if she is the real mom and if my boyfriend should pursue grandparent visitation, especially for a holiday placement schedule, etc. since there isn't one in place and other times, like summertime so my boyfriend (grandpa) can plan vacations and such wuth his grandson...we talked with a couple local lawyers who told us grandpa has a very good case and good chance at visitation rights...

What is the difference between you and this girl friend? You and your boyfriend are not married but have children together. You also have shared children as well. Are you saying that you never took your boyfriend children on doctors visits without him? Adults need to learn to stop messing with a child head. Your boyfriend can file for visitation and should get it. Has the boyfriend just asked the father to see the child? Another question the court might bring up..... the mother of the child lives with you. So you see the child during her visitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back