Finding a good lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Workinghard

I need help finding a good trust attorney in my area.

I want one that actually defends trusts in court, believing such an attorney will have first hand knowledge of how the courts currently interpret the laws.

I have hired several attorneys who turn out to only know how to fill out forms to write up a trust, and do not really have a good knowledge of trust law. These attorneys have left me vulnerable in several circumstances. I have also gone to a few attorneys that were "recommended" by other lawyers, only to find out that a recommendation really only means that they know of this attorney or have seen him around, but it does not necessarily make the attorney knowledgeable, competent nor necessarily honest. There is a problem when I as laymen go into an attorney's office and with almost no knowledge in the field have knowledge that the attorney I am looking to hire does not.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Keep interviewing attorneys. Reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients.

Did you try a referral from your local or state bar assoc.? You can only keep interviewing attorneys as suggested.

We can't give referrals to specific attorneys. It's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back