Pleading to a Traffic ticket (accident with a company vehicle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimA

I'm in IL. I was in an accident with a company vehicle. A vehicle pulled into my lane and immediately hit their brakes in order to pull into a parking lot. I had no time ton stop to avoid the accident. I was cited by the officer on scene (Reluctantly) for "Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident". He immediately suggested that I go to court on that date and Plead Not Guilty. He stated that he would most likely not be there and that he felt that the individuals in the other car wouldn't be there to dispute the charge.

There were 3 individual's that were in the other car and all their Insurance dealings and lawyer have been addressed by my company's Loss Prevention/Insurance Claims Examiner teams. (They were not hurt all that badly, but the act has been worst than what they actually were) soft tissue bruises for the most part.

There was a working of the store parking lot that saw the incident and generally stated that they hit their breaks as soon as they got into my lane in front of me, thus given me no chance to avoid the accident.

My companies Clams Examiner stated that I should not admit Guilt and fight the ticket due to that fact that they need that to fight the case vs the individual's in the other car.

Generally I would like to get this over with as soon as possible so I don't have any court dealing looming.

So taking all this here is my Questions:

1.) If I plead Not Guilty, will I be routed to a different hearing date, or will the judge address the verdict on that same day?
2.) Does the Cop and any of these individuals have to be there in order for this ticket not to be dropped, or is it a given that there will be a "Trial/hearing" date set?
3.) What is the likelihood of the individual's and or their lawyers showing up to depute this?
4.) What would pleading "No Contest" do for me? And what should I be prepaid for if I do decide to do this?
5.) What would be the suggested way to handle this situation?

And anything else that you can suggest that may help.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Tim

Do not rely on the insurance company or your companies lawyer.

Please strongly consider getting your own attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back