cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

catspyder

I've been out of work for over three years from a fall at work. I have an attorney who charges a fee every time I go into court for either a cash reward of back pay or for court appearances for approval from insurance company for surgeries. The only time I get approval's is when we go in front of board front and then I'm charged a fee.In fact I was charged a fee 3 times when they didn't even go into court.They said they were entitled to money for amended paper's I've spoke with several persons who have been on workers comp and they never pay a few. The only money they paid to their atty was at the end of their case when they where awarded a settlement. Its a new York case. His fees have amounted to 1500.00 dollars so far. Thank you

What does your contract with the attorney say?

I've been out of work for over three years from a fall at work. I have an attorney who charges a fee every time I go into court for either a cash reward of back pay or for court appearances for approval from insurance company for surgeries. The only time I get approval's is when we go in front of board front and then I'm charged a fee.In fact I was charged a fee 3 times when they didn't even go into court.They said they were entitled to money for amended paper's I've spoke with several persons who have been on workers comp and they never pay a few. The only money they paid to their atty was at the end of their case when they where awarded a settlement. Its a new York case. His fees have amounted to 1500.00 dollars so far. Thank you

Have you investigated hiring a different attorney?

You'll have to read your agreement/contract with your attorney. Did you discuss fees when you hired him? You can always check around & see if you can find an attorney who charges less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back