Parental Kidnapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvrster

Can my wife take our children out of the state of MN without my permission? She intends to move there. We are still married

Can my wife take our children out of the state of MN without my permission? She intends to move there. We are still married

Yes, you can take them to Idaho, too (or any of the other 48 states) without her permission, as long as you are married.
Paternal rights are equal to maternal rights, insofar as their mutual children as long as a couple remains married; or absent a court order pursuant to a divorce action.

Agree that if you are married, you have equal rights & she can do this - you would need a court order to the contrary.

I agree, it is not illegal unless there is a court order saying she can not do so.
If the circumstances are such that you think you can show she has intent to permanently deprive you of access to your kids then you might have something law enforcement will look in to, but not likely.
It seems you are separating, but her intent to remain in another state with the kids does not mean she intends to deprive you of access to them.
You need to quickly petition the court for a custody order that requires the kids to stay where they are while everything else gets settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back