Speeding ticket with 2 other Motorcyclists and already have a PFJ 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazlab67

Three of us were riding and went around a curve when I noticed an unmarked Camaro pass by going in the opposite direction. I saw the antennas on the trunk and turned to look behind me and noticed he was making a fast u-turn to come after us. I looked at speedometer and it was at 52MPH.
I was leading the ride so I pulled over and signaled my friends to pull over too. Not sure if we were speeding but wanted to play it safe.
Officer told us he had clocked all three of us on the radar and said we were going 63 in a 45 but he would let us go with 60 in a 45. We were spaced apart by different distances in a single file in a curve. One friend asked who was speeding since none of us felt like we were the one speeding. The officer responded angrily that he got all three of us on Radar. The friend then asked to see the Radar and the Officer responded that since he was being smart he would give all of us 63 in a 45. I asked him politely not to give us 63 so he wrote 3 tickets for 60 in a 45.
I already have a PFJ from 2 years ago of 66 in a 35, But the DA reduced that to 50 in a 35.
Is there a chance we can plead Not Guilty and how will it affect my PFJ. Will the previous ticket be charged against me now? Thanks for any help on this.

If you were all traveling the same relative speed, he can testify to this in court. so one reading would be enough.

The PFJ is for insurance points only. If convicted your insurance will go up 90%. The officer did you guys a big favor, a conviction for 17 over you would be facing a 30 day suspension and a much bigger insurance increase.

You are almost always better off pleading not guilty and using a laywer to minimize the insurance inrease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back