Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babyizzy14

I have another question so when I give birth to my son I'm automatically have custody or do I go to court and fill out a lot of papers? How long is that process before it takes before I can call him mine?

I have another question so when I give birth to my son I'm automatically have custody or do I go to court and fill out a lot of papers? How long is that process before it takes before I can call him mine?

As the mother of a child born out of wedlock, the moment you give birth ALL rights vest in YOU.
Its an odd concept for me as a lawyer, and many other lawyers, but an unemancipated minor (YOU) can be a mother will full custody rights to another child.

You need to make sure you apply for WIC (you should already be on that program), ask your counselor.
You'll also want the baby to have health care, so you need to get baby enrolled in a health care program.
Then you'll need some sort of state assistance, food stamps, etc...
Your counselor and your parents can help you there, too.
I commend your persistence, but I want you know that where you are headed is the most difficult thing you'll ever do.
A baby is very demanding, very needy, and you'll need help.
No one can work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but a baby needs things 24/7.
So, its good you're thinking, but you need to get this stuff started today.
The government can often take a very long time to get the help you might need.

That's why you'll need mom and dad to work with you, help you, support you.
Good luck.

Wait I have another question what if the father of my child wants to wait to get custody how will that affect him now?

Until Dad establishes paternity he has no rights. Once that happens (it will if you seek state aid) he will have rights to seeks custody and/or visitation rights. In turn state will go after him to repay state for monies and aid you get.

Be where at birth? Your parents have total control over who you have contact with they just cannot keep child away from him

People try too hard.
If you're working a spoof or a scam, slow your roll.
Then we have Hurricane Electric.
LOL
Carry on, ignore the old dummy at the keyboard.

So Aj the welfare thing I started fulling it out it ask a lot about income and everything I don't know my mother's income what should I do?

She won't tell me because she is not going to help me

If I were you, I'd simply visit the nearest social services office.
Or, I'd ask my current counselor how I could apply and get state assistance (WIC, Food Stamps, Medicaid for baby, and state financial assistance), most local churches, Salvation Army, Red Cross, ot many other local services could also help you get the ball rolling.

Your Mother's income may not be needed. Your seeking aid for the child (not you) your Mother has a moral and legal obligation to support you. However she has no legal obligation to support your child. So it is possible you wont need her income. However all you need to do is talk to your worker and he/she will guide you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back