Parent Child Relationship question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykidsdad

The following clause is in the parenting plan, and we both initialed it as understanding it:

We recognize that a close and continuing parent-child relationship and continuity in the child's life is in the child's best interest.

MY ex is systematically trying to push me out of my kids lives as much as she can without technically violating the decree. She has said (documented in email and text) that her goal is to replace me with another man.

Would her saying that and doing things to make it more difficult for me to maintain that connection violate the spirit of the above clause? For example, cutting down the times I am allowed to contact the kids for no reason, there was literally no issues before. She takes any opportunity to cut my time with them down, also for no reason other than being vindictive.

Does the above clause just mean your personal relationship? or is it also intended as an acknowledgement that a relationship with the other parent is important as well?

The following clause is in the parenting plan, and we both initialed it as understanding it:

We recognize that a close and continuing parent-child relationship and continuity in the child's life is in the child's best interest.

MY ex is systematically trying to push me out of my kids lives as much as she can without technically violating the decree. She has said (documented in email and text) that her goal is to replace me with another man.

Would her saying that and doing things to make it more difficult for me to maintain that connection violate the spirit of the above clause? For example, cutting down the times I am allowed to contact the kids for no reason, there was literally no issues before. She takes any opportunity to cut my time with them down, also for no reason other than being vindictive.

Does the above clause just mean your personal relationship? or is it also intended as an acknowledgement that a relationship with the other parent is important as well?

That clause is simply fluff, like saying: " I support the troops." Or "I love America's apple pie, freedom, babies, and cute puppies."

The plan should disclose distinct times, dates, and/or specific periods the NCP has the children.
If the CP interferes with the SPECIFIC time dedicated for the NCP, off to court one must go.

lol yea, kinda had that feeling...

That clause is simply fluff, like saying: " I support the troops." Or "I love America's apple pie, freedom, babies, and cute puppies."

The plan should disclose distinct times, dates, and/or specific periods the NCP has the children.
If the CP interferes with the SPECIFIC time dedicated for the NCP, off to court one must go.

The courts do not want to help you parent you child/ren nor do they wish to tell you how to deal with your EX. It is a court of law not a counselors office. You need to find a means to get along and co parent http://www.parentnook.com/co-parenting-advice-for-your-children/ your children. If you and your EX force courts to this for you neither you or your EX will likely be pleased with results

I agree...I do not want to go to court... im just frustrated trying to get her to work together to co-parent and make a reasonable effort to get along for the kids...she is so up and down, im beginning to think she is bi-polar to go along with her anger issues... This isn't necessarily new behavior BTW...

Once more you are making this about her and not kids. Every sentence seems to include her and few the kids. I am not saying you are or were a bad parent I am saying you need to make this about the kids it snot really a legal issue. The forum I told you about can put you in touch with other parents who dealt with similar situations. They can tell you how they got past this with or without legal system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back