What Constitutes dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykidsdad

The clause in my parenting plan I am asking about is as follows:

The parties agree neither parent shall introduce the children to an person they are dating under any circumstances for at lest[sic] one year following the date the Court enters the final decree, and only after such time as the parent has been dating the person exclusively for at least six months consistently. The parties agree that neither parent shall introduce the children to someone whom they are dating until after they have introduced the other parent to the person.

I'm wondering what constitutes dating? It has only been since June and my ex has been bringing a man around the boys on a very regular basis lately. She claims they are not dating, but she admits they were dating in the past and even after she said they were not, they socialized together with other couples. He is over at her house multiple times a week to hang out and they do go of together do dinner, etc. They even went to vegas for a long weekend, just the two of them. I do not know if they are socializing with other couple as a pair currently. I'm just trying to determine if she might be in violation of this agreement even if she says they are not dating? I know people can say and do different things, so i'm trying to figure out what a court might consider dating in terms of the above clause.

I suspect a court likely won't care. You agreed to these terms but they are not very enforceable. The idea is to not be parading a bunch of different people around in front if the kids. If that isn't happening then why worry about it?

The clause in my parenting plan I am asking about is as follows:

The parties agree neither parent shall introduce the children to an person they are dating under any circumstances for at lest[sic] one year following the date the Court enters the final decree, and only after such time as the parent has been dating the person exclusively for at least six months consistently. The parties agree that neither parent shall introduce the children to someone whom they are dating until after they have introduced the other parent to the person.

I'm wondering what constitutes dating? It has only been since June and my ex has been bringing a man around the boys on a very regular basis lately. She claims they are not dating, but she admits they were dating in the past and even after she said they were not, they socialized together with other couples. He is over at her house multiple times a week to hang out and they do go of together do dinner, etc. They even went to vegas for a long weekend, just the two of them. I do not know if they are socializing with other couple as a pair currently. I'm just trying to determine if she might be in violation of this agreement even if she says they are not dating? I know people can say and do different things, so i'm trying to figure out what a court might consider dating in terms of the above clause.

The court would take her sworn response as they're not dating to be true.
That's a silly clause, for all practical purposes its not enforceable except in one state, SC.
SC seems to have statute and precedence behind it. Georgia, it's not codified.
Even if it were, absent PROOF to the contrary, her representation is perfectly acceptable.
The silliest part of that clause, it lasts for a year. LOL
Why bother? After a year has elapsed, assuming the clause could be enforced, one could date like a rodent.

Having read your several topics you clearly have issues with EX. Make sure your issues are about best interest for your mutual child/ren not about your anger towards EX. If EX is violating a court order then take issue to court. Be wary though courts do not like to deal with trivial matters and want the adults to act like adults. You would best served to talk to an Attorney on whether or not your issues should be brought up or just documented for now

Having read your several topics you clearly have issues with EX. Make sure your issues are about best interest for your mutual child/ren not about your anger towards EX. If EX is violating a court order then take issue to court. Be wary though courts do not like to deal with trivial matters and want the adults to act like adults. You would best served to talk to an Attorney on whether or not your issues should be brought up or just documented for now

unfortunately it takes 2 to act like adults... I have an ex that wants to dictate what will happen with the kids instead of co-parenting. To her I don't matter in any way shape or form, and she wants to push me out of their lives as much as possible. She is looking for every loophole she can find to limit my access to them. She is cutting my access for no reason other than to be mean and vindictive. There have been no issues prior that would necessitate any changes... its just frustrating to have your ex systematically push you out of your kids lives... Granted I do have my visitation that she cant touch, but I want as much time with them as possible. We initially agreed to things for the kids benefit and she is just arbitrarily cutting them out... She is hurting them by making it more difficult for me to parent them and contact them. My little one already is having issues because we aren't together, and he is VERY attached to me, so her limiting my contact with him further.

She blames me for everything and refuses to take any ownership in the divorce and because the kids are upset, its all my fault and now i'm some evil monster that they must be protected from at all costs.

I know im not the first to go through this, but when i'm the only one trying to get along and giving in to try to keep the peace, it gets old.

I'm not trying to find ways I can get out of being a dad, im trying to find out my rights so I can continue to BE a dad to my kids and not let her push me out...

I am sorry your going through if Mom is violating a court order take it to court. If its a parenting issue or co parenting issue this is the wrong forum. ParentNook http://www.parentnook.com/forum/ is associated with this site. There you can find other parents who are or went through similar situations. You can read for them how they dealt with it and resolved the issues. I hear you anger but your letting that anger rule you. Nearly every sentence is about her and not kids. She is forcing you to make this about her and its not. Talk to these other parents they may have words of wisdom that can get you through this. By the way Ellen if your reading this can you email me please there is something I need to discuss with you if you don't mind

The messaging feature isn't playing nice. cgb and betty have my email and may share it if you have better luck messaging them. I just get an error message.

Seriously, if it worries you that much, put in a no paramour overnight clause and let the issue go. The court has no interest in your former spouses partners beyond what might affect the kids that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back