Mr

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer44

I'm not sure where this falls. What I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to keep a married man who is dating my ex-wife from being around my children at least until he is divorced. Other extenuating circumstances behind this are that my ex took out a TPO against him and that they were not to have contact with each other for a year. Now she is telling me that the agreement is null and void and that they are dating again and that he is getting a divorce. I'm not asking for custody(at least not right now), just can I keep him away from my children.

I'm not sure where this falls. What I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to keep a married man who is dating my ex-wife from being around my children at least until he is divorced. Other extenuating circumstances behind this are that my ex took out a TPO against him and that they were not to have contact with each other for a year. Now she is telling me that the agreement is null and void and that they are dating again and that he is getting a divorce. I'm not asking for custody(at least not right now), just can I keep him away from my children.

There's very little you can do about her allowing him to violate the TPO.
By the way, if she's doing that, she's in violation of the TPO, too.
However, it'll be difficult for you to determine if the order is still in place, or has been dismissed.
You might see if you can determine if the TPO is still active by visiting the local courthouse where it was issued.
The local police might be able to tell you, or the sheriff.

If the order has been dismissed, she would have filed this form:

https://www.gsccca.org/docs/family-violence-documents/dismissal.pdf?sfvrsn=2

You can check to see if that has happened.

Otherwise, if you fear for the safety of the children, I suggest you discuss your LEGAL OPTIONS with a local attorney.
There are some things an attorney might be able to do, but those things won't happen over an internet information sharing forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back