child custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfblade2005

I live in the Lincoln county district of NC.

I am seeking help because when my wife went to her custody hearing last week the judge completely road off her and anyone that had to do with her. The child in question has autism, add, and ptsd. He has never been away from his mother. He has seen many psychologist and psychiatrist over the years, one even went to court on her behalf. They all have linked the ptsd with the child's father.The psychologist who went to court was told by the judge that he had no merit for being in his courtroom. at the end the judge gave the child's dad custody every other weekend.that is three days away from a mother he has never left and put in an environment where he has never been.I need to know if there is anything that I can do to help my wife and step- child. my wife and I are concerned for the physical and mental well being of our child.

First off there is nothing "YOU" can do. You are a "legal stranger" to child. (Get use to that term) I understand you care but law isn't looking at that. Second without knowing why Judge made order he/she did we cannot answer as we only have your side. Your wife needs to talk to an Attorney to discuss her legal options. I know you wanted more than that but its best we can offer

I live in the Lincoln county district of NC.

I am seeking help because when my wife went to her custody hearing last week the judge completely road off her and anyone that had to do with her. The child in question has autism, add, and ptsd. He has never been away from his mother. He has seen many psychologist and psychiatrist over the years, one even went to court on her behalf. They all have linked the ptsd with the child's father.The psychologist who went to court was told by the judge that he had no merit for being in his courtroom. at the end the judge gave the child's dad custody every other weekend.that is three days away from a mother he has never left and put in an environment where he has never been.I need to know if there is anything that I can do to help my wife and step- child. my wife and I are concerned for the physical and mental well being of our child.

Yes, you can do a couple things: be supportive of your wife, her child, love them, encourage them, nurture them, try to cheer them up, make them laugh, and spend time with them doing happy, fun, family friendly things.
You can also see that the child (and the child's mother) receive mental health services to help them address any difficult, troubling issues they encounter.

You're a fine person to want to help.
We see many people that only want to try to use the legal system to exact revenge.
By the way, that never works.
Judges are like kings or queens in their court rooms.
Their word is LAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back