My daughter is livibg with a jealous step mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspastrano

My daughter is 7 and her father and I have joint custody. He has recently married and his family had informed me countless times that she is jealous of my daughter. There has been countless time when the step moms own sister n law has told us that she talks bad about my daughter a lot. They are now keeping my daughter from my ex mother and father n law because the step mother doesn't like them I think it is wrong to keep her from them my daughter loves them very much and i don't think it's healthy for her to go threw this. Is there a legal way to settle this and use it towards my advantage in getting custody of my daughter??? Also my daughter is told to call her mom and I add my ex husband and her have not been together but for a year!!!

My daughter is 7 and her father and I have joint custody. He has recently married and his family had informed me countless times that she is jealous of my daughter. There has been countless time when the step moms own sister n law has told us that she talks bad about my daughter a lot. They are now keeping my daughter from my ex mother and father n law because the step mother doesn't like them I think it is wrong to keep her from them my daughter loves them very much and i don't think it's healthy for her to go threw this. Is there a legal way to settle this and use it towards my advantage in getting custody of my daughter??? Also my daughter is told to call her mom and I add my ex husband and her have not been together but for a year!!!

I suggest you ignore the chatty Kathy's and focus on being a great mom.
Kids are smart.
They see through the smoke and mirrors, the dog and pony show, too.
So, love the child, nurture the kid, teach the kid, but don't fight evil with evil.
No, there's nothing the law concerns itself with here, people always talk, just be smart and refuse to listen.
Be mom, let the kid be a kid and feel loved, safe, and wanted.

This wont be enough to wrest custody away from other parent. What was reason you did not get custody? Keep in mind if you stir this pot it could come back on you. Courts don't take kindly to parents bringing non or unimportant issues (in their mind) to court

When you have brought these allegations to her father's attention what has been his response? If he agrees that his parents should not be part of her life, that is his prerogative. If he disagrees with his wife on this, that is between them as a couple. What evidence do you have that the stepmom is mistreating your daughter? What if anything has your daughter told you about life at her father's house?

Why are you trying to get full custody? It is going to take a heck of a lot more than jealousy and difficulty adjusting to instant stepmotherhood after less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back