clarification on joint custody laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

deere8270

My ex and I have joint custody of our 2 children. My 14 year old daughter lives in Arizona with her mom and my 15 year old son lives with me here in Indiana. A friend of my ex-wife's flew my daughter to Indiana for 2 weeks (one of which was her spring break, the other she is missing finals in school) without my permission. My daughter rides horses and participates in rodeos with this woman and rides the woman's horse. This friend is trying to say that because she paid for my childs airline ticket here that she has rights to her for the 2 weeks, however I was not made aware of when my daughter needed to fly out or I would have gladly paid for the tickets. Can this woman do this without my permission?

My ex and I have joint custody of our 2 children. My 14 year old daughter lives in Arizona with her mom and my 15 year old son lives with me here in Indiana. A friend of my ex-wife's flew my daughter to Indiana for 2 weeks (one of which was her spring break, the other she is missing finals in school) without my permission. My daughter rides horses and participates in rodeos with this woman and rides the woman's horse. This friend is trying to say that because she paid for my childs airline ticket here that she has rights to her for the 2 weeks, however I was not made aware of when my daughter needed to fly out or I would have gladly paid for the tickets. Can this woman do this without my permission?

People can only do hings to you that you permit them to do.

I suggest you simply go and get your daughter, ask the police to meet you where the woman is holding/hiding her.

Bring your court order with you, and when the police arrive, ask them to assist you in rescuing your daughter.

I'd also make sure that I paid the child's airfare from point A to point B, or went and got her myself.

I'd be very leery of any adult female or male "befriending" a child, and resisting the attempts of the child's parent to spend time with the parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back