U.s.born child held in Germany without fathers consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkreig

I am a United States citizen who married my german wife by a Magistrate in a District court in Michigan. Our son was born a month later in the same county, in the United States. Through a will, by a friend of her family in Germany, we aquired a house there. We decided to renivate the house there and then in 2 years return to the States or perhaps stay longer. But my wife now threatens divorce here in Germany and informs me she lead me on and had never intended to have our son return to the United States, and that I had little choice in the matter.
She has her mother hiding the passports of our son, exept for the 1/6 share of the house (which allows me a place to stay) all assets are in her possesion and name. She had undergone a 7 week stay at a clinic which treats all forms of mental conditions and I know she has not taken all meds (200 mg of Sertralin)on the regular basis. Last week she was physically rough with the boy and when I tried to intervine she assualted me, the next day I filed a report with the police and Social services.

I do know that in Germany husband and Wife must be seperated for a year before Divorce is filed, but the safety of our son is at risk here as well as his ever being free to return home to family in The U.S.
My wife had registered here in Germany that I am the Father of our son yet had not recorded our Marriage. (does this effect where a divorce is filed?)
I do not concent to our son remaining here in Germany, I do wish for his return to the U.S. but need to know what legal advice I take.

I am a United States citizen who married my german wife by a Magistrate in a District court in Michigan. Our son was born a month later in the same county, in the United States. Through a will, by a friend of her family in Germany, we aquired a house there. We decided to renivate the house there and then in 2 years return to the States or perhaps stay longer. But my wife now threatens divorce here in Germany and informs me she lead me on and had never intended to have our son return to the United States, and that I had little choice in the matter.
She has her mother hiding the passports of our son, exept for the 1/6 share of the house (which allows me a place to stay) all assets are in her possesion and name. She had undergone a 7 week stay at a clinic which treats all forms of mental conditions and I know she has not taken all meds (200 mg of Sertralin)on the regular basis. Last week she was physically rough with the boy and when I tried to intervine she assualted me, the next day I filed a report with the police and Social services.

I do know that in Germany husband and Wife must be seperated for a year before Divorce is filed, but the safety of our son is at risk here as well as his ever being free to return home to family in The U.S.
My wife had registered here in Germany that I am the Father of our son yet had not recorded our Marriage. (does this effect where a divorce is filed?)
I do not concent to our son remaining here in Germany, I do wish for his return to the U.S. but need to know what legal advice I take.

Your journey starts with a visit to the US Embassy or nearest consulate.
They can advise you as to how to get them involved, but it may be too late.
You allowed that "green eyed monster" to get you and your son to leave the USA.
If you get Junior back into the US "legally", it'll be through the German courts.
Good luck with the US Embassy or Consular Officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back