new job and benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjschultz51093

I have accepted and new job offer and I start Monday I am on workers compensation I was just wondering if I can collect the w/c benefits for this week and cancel them on Friday the benefits as a whole or do I not receive that last check at all?

I have accepted and new job offer and I start Monday I am on workers compensation I was just wondering if I can collect the w/c benefits for this week and cancel them on Friday the benefits as a whole or do I not receive that last check at all?

Generally speaking, you can't collect from both sources.

The other issue is, have you been released to return to work by the medical authority that placed you on the infirm list?

That could also become an issue.

You might want to play it safe, OP, and inquire of the source issuing you the benefits.

The best answers, in this instance, should be sought at the source.

Last edited:
It depends entirely what benefits you are seeking. if this is a PPD award, there is no problem. If it is TTD, then you have a bigger problem potentially than double dipping. How is it that you are able to seek and obtain new employment but can not work for the employer paying the claim at all? If the new job is substantially different and that explains the change, you should be fine as long as you report to the carrier that you are again working and benefits terminate. Do not delay in reporting this new job. To not report it immediately is to commit fraud and you do not want to go there. I've seen a lot of folks wait to report new employment to see if the new employer works out or until they get that first paycheck and it never ends well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back