Mother Moved Child Out of County

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My stepdaughter is shared 50/50 between her mother and father. Their visitation is one week on one week off. In their custody agreement child is not supposed to be moved out of the county and has a school District assigned for her. Child's mother about 2 months ago moved child to neighboring County and enrolled her in school there. She has kept her daughter during 4 of dad's weeks and otherwise we haven't heard from her. Dad filed a visitation violation but did not serve mom papers or go to the court date. The only attempt dad has made to see daughter (that I know of) is sending a text to mom on the day he's supposed to get daughter, and I don't think he even did that this past week. Father also did not enroll child in school (kindergarten) in the district she was supposed to go to per custody agreement. Meanwhile child's grandmother has called the sheriff's department, CPS, the DA, court in that county and who knows where else to try and get her granddaughter back. I guess I want to know what could happen with this whole mess? This is the second time dad has filed a violation and not gone to court or served papers. When they were going through their custody battle he also never showed up to the final trial. Dad has before stated he does not want full custody. However he will say he will go for full custody during moments of anger and his mother has made him believe he is the victim and the court will grant him anything he asks for. Please help bring me some peace of mind with this dramatic mess!

You might want to find a stepparent support group and see how other stepparents cope.
We all say many things out of anger, and when the anger subsides we get over it.
Let dad handle this, as this is his issue.
All you can really do is offer encouragement and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back