defamation in custody...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivinguscrazy

My boyfriend and I have been dealing with his ex wifes false accusations and turmoil since they had their relocation hearing in which the mother was moving more then 18 hours away and wanted to take custody of the children. My boyfriend is a wonderful father and lives in the area their children We're raised amongst many friends and family and the schools they have always attended so of course the judge saw it in the kids best intrests to award physical primary custody to the father.
So the childrens mother spends 3 weekends out of the month with them and the rest of the school year they stay with us. During that time instead of co-parenting and assisting the father in the parental duties of appointments and such she instead calls around to counselors, doctors and etc and try to find ways to make him look bad. She has called the ssi office and assistance and domestic offices and made claims of farud against us. She's even went so far as calling cys and making false accusations of abuse and heavily drinking going on at our house and even tho these things were looked into aND unfounded and expunged she continues to find way to cause turmoil any way she can. He is a good father and we raise his 3 kids and my two kids in a healthy happy Christian based home. They have everything they need and are surrounded by friends and family. But she keeps intentionally causing emotional stress on us when all we are doing is creating stability and giving structure and foundation for the children to grow up happy and healthy.
Isn't this a form of harassment or defamation? Is their anything we can do to make this stop? We have tried talking to her bit she always turns things around and twists everything we say. HELP!

You both would be better served to avoid talking with her, unless it was an emergency affecting the children.
You should not have anything to say to her, if you want her to stop.
No, there is no legal recourse you have that would make financial sense.
If you have $25,000 lying around, it would be better used to fund the children's futures, than lining the pocket of a lawyer to sue her.
You're free to keep kicking the old bulldog, and the bulldog will bark louder and bite harder.
That's no fun for you or the bulldog, and its certainly nothing you want five, innocent children to see or hear.

Be the bigger people, let her fight alone, ignore her.
Stop explaining, trying to convince her she's wrong, or you're right; it doesn't matter.
The quickest way to quiet a critic is to do well, your success will shut her piehole.
Your intelligence and love for your children will cause you to shut yours, too.

Trust me. We keep things as simple as possible with her. We only try to communicate with her on a need be basis and it is only ever about the children.
But every day is something new with her.
We constantly have some new issue that she trys to make arise. She calls around to every where and everything the chidentical are involved in and talks to ppl and try to make us look bad.
We don't encourage her by any means or even respond to any of her messages.
But it never stops... and its very stressful.
It's hard enough that both of us work full time and are raising are our children and trying as hard as we can to do all the right things with our kids best intrests at heart.
We love our kids more then life itself and we would never put them in jeopardy or risk our healthy relationship with them in anyway for anything.

Trust me. We keep things as simple as possible with her. We only try to communicate with her on a need be basis and it is only ever about the children.
But every day is something new with her.
We constantly have some new issue that she trys to make arise. She calls around to every where and everything the chidentical are involved in and talks to ppl and try to make us look bad.
We don't encourage her by any means or even respond to any of her messages.
But it never stops... and its very stressful.
It's hard enough that both of us work full time and are raising are our children and trying as hard as we can to do all the right things with our kids best intrests at heart.
We love our kids more then life itself and we would never put them in jeopardy or risk our healthy relationship with them in anyway for anything.

Yes, you're no different than most people.
She appears to be, so do what you think is best.
Don't count on the law helping you, because it can't prevent people from killing each other.
You need not explain to anyone on here why you do what you do.
If I were you, I'd avoid the WE, and let him deal with her as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back