LOONY Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igg1na

My neighbor ( who seems a bit OFF, and may or may NOT be harmless, just more annoying and a drinker/narcotcs user, just to set the tone of what I am dealing with ). Comes over almost on a DAILY basis ( I try to blow him off whenever I can ... NOT a good time, I'm busy etc... ). Comes over today ( appearing drunk/strung out or other, and knocks on my door ( with the storm door open as USUAL, he's been noted to peek in the top of the door ), and I was i na bad mood rfom doing 20 things and NOT wanting to deal with him, so he STAGGERS, STAGGERS off in a huff, couple hours later the police arrive at the houes next door ( when he's staying). So i think OK NOW what ( they have been there before MULTIPLE times). Next thing iknow the cops are coming to MY house and asking me what the problem is/ I am dumbfounded as I was sitting with my family finishing up diner, and watching tv. The officer procedes to tell me that the neighbor has caled them because I threatened to shoot his dog ! ( We both have dogs, I keep mine on my own property where as they le tthem roam wherever they please and DON'T clean up afetr them ). I explain to the officer what happened eriler and said that it was ABSURD to say the least, as he tells me to stay away from him/them . my question is what are my rights to KEEP this LOON on his propert and OFF mine ? there is more but lets start with this.

If ANYONE appears UNINVITED on your property, don't confront them, call "911" and report a drunken trespasser.
Stay inside until the police arrive.
Don't try self help, don't argue, disappear and hide.
Let the police do what they're paid to do - KEEP THE PEACE.

ANY thoughts here ?

My neighbor ( who seems a bit OFF, and may or may NOT be harmless, just more annoying and a drinker/narcotcs user, just to set the tone of what I am dealing with ). Comes over almost on a DAILY basis ( I try to blow him off whenever I can ... NOT a good time, I'm busy etc... ). Comes over today ( appearing drunk/strung out or other, and knocks on my door ( with the storm door open as USUAL, he's been noted to peek in the top of the door ), and I was i na bad mood rfom doing 20 things and NOT wanting to deal with him, so he STAGGERS, STAGGERS off in a huff, couple hours later the police arrive at the houes next door ( when he's staying). So i think OK NOW what ( they have been there before MULTIPLE times). Next thing iknow the cops are coming to MY house and asking me what the problem is/ I am dumbfounded as I was sitting with my family finishing up diner, and watching tv. The officer procedes to tell me that the neighbor has caled them because I threatened to shoot his dog ! ( We both have dogs, I keep mine on my own property where as they le tthem roam wherever they please and DON'T clean up afetr them ). I explain to the officer what happened eriler and said that it was ABSURD to say the least, as he tells me to stay away from him/them . my question is what are my rights to KEEP this LOON on his propert and OFF mine ? there is more but lets start with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back