mom arrested 4 meth child detained Dad seeking custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

chdhpkns

My 7 yo son was living with his mother in Cali,(we have 50/50 custody) until recently. I spoke w my son one a week as I live in Idaho. Then about a month and a half ago he stopped calling, after numerous attempts at contact I finally sent police over for welfare check. They told me my son was in foster care according to his mother. I called DCSF and found out his mother was arrested for meth possession, and trafficking. I asked why they didn't contact me, they replied that they sent mail to my last addresses. When they asked the mother of my whereabouts she told them she didn't know and gave them a number I used 6 years ago. What rights do I have to get my son released to me? I have home job no criminal ...

You need a lawyer, and its off to California you must go.
You might start by asking DCFS what they require to have the kid released to your custody.
Then you'll need a court order to effect the changes you seek.
That's where a California lawyer will be very helpful.

I would expect the California authorities would be happy to release the child to you and will work with you to get it done.

My 7 yo son was living with his mother in Cali,(we have 50/50 custody) until recently. I spoke w my son one a week as I live in Idaho. Then about a month and a half ago he stopped calling, after numerous attempts at contact I finally sent police over for welfare check. They told me my son was in foster care according to his mother. I called DCSF and found out his mother was arrested for meth possession, and trafficking. I asked why they didn't contact me, they replied that they sent mail to my last addresses. When they asked the mother of my whereabouts she told them she didn't know and gave them a number I used 6 years ago. What rights do I have to get my son released to me? I have home job no criminal ...

The county child service agency you spoke with should be able to tell you what you need to do to try and get custody of the children. They should be able to tell you the procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back