I have sole custody/no contact w/ ex .can I move out of state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srys

I have sole custody of my son now 19 and my daughter 15.They saw their father in therapeutic visits briefly for less than a year until he had an out burst in front of the therapist, with the kids.The therapist asked him to leave and refused to ever see him again.I have not spoken to my ex in almost 10 years, since I left him with a 2 year restraining order on both the kids and I.My kids have not seen their dad in 9 years.I am thinking of moving out of state and going to Florida .My children will get a great education for less the cost.I have been raising my kids completely on my own since I left their dad,I work all the time to make sure they get everything they need.I am looking at Florida because I can give them a better life another participating factor is that education is much more affordable when it comes to college.What steps do I have to take to go to Florida with my children legally from NY?

Is there any existing court order that prohibits you from leaving the state with your daughter?
Your 19 year old is not part of the equation anymore. He is free to go wherever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back