Can I ask for the mother to sign over custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncos29

My niece is now 5. She now stays with me so she can go to school and a place to sleep. Before me she lived with her mom and her bf and there 2 other kids. The mom goes out all hours and drinks and does drugs In front of the kids. So does the bf. she don't take care of the kids the bf does. When my niece gets out of hand he takes it to far to disapline her. Her mom and bf has no jobs. Only source of income is disability of there daughter who is disabled. They use the money for drugs. They don't have there own place to live. They sleep on the grandmas porch. All 5 of them. The house has no furniture due to having bed bugs. Her mom had a job but turned 21 on sept 6th and decided her job was in the way of pArties. My Niece stays with me and her uncle. It's been 2 months that she has been with us. She has seen her real dad (which is a registered sex offender) once. And her mom twice. Neither attempt to make contact at all. My niece was sick with a cold and eat ache since I don't have custody I couldn't take her to the dr. Her mom just bought cough drops. My niece has threatened to kill herself if I leave her with her mom again. She gets angry and hits things. I don't know what to do. I can't keep her from her mom but she refuses to go see her. Her dad moved out of the state. And since has had contact once. How would I ask the mom to sign custody over to me and her brother. Since the dad is a sex offender can her have her? I've asked and was told no. Neither are fit parents. Neither buy anything or bathe her when they have had her.

You can ask. But there is nothing you can do that will force her to agree.

Do everyone a favor and report this to child social services. You may not get the kids, but they will be taken care of.

Getting custody would have to be done through the court system. Your best bet & the best thing for all the children would be to report this to the appropriate agcy. as suggested by mightymoose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back