Breaking a Lease military clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyguy

I have lived in my current house for over a year. My current roommate is active duty and is PCSing, and leaving the state so he can remove his name using the military clause.

That means I am stuck on the lease by myself. I got out of the army 8 months ago at the end of December, and I am now looking to move out of town. Is their any way I can use my ETS still to break lease since I just stayed in town after the Army to finish up some stuff locally and am now leaving town?

Thanks.

I have lived in my current house for over a year. My current roommate is active duty and is PCSing, and leaving the state so he can remove his name using the military clause.

That means I am stuck on the lease by myself. I got out of the army 8 months ago at the end of December, and I am now looking to move out of town. Is their any way I can use my ETS still to break lease since I just stayed in town after the Army to finish up some stuff locally and am now leaving town?

Thanks.

Yes, you can share the colorful stories of your military feats and exploits.

Seriously, you are on the hook for the lease you signed.

You can negotiate our of your lease, (for a price) but unless the landlord is a softie, you're stuck until December.

Thanks for the reply. You could of left out the unnecessary sarcasm though.

It wasn't sarcasm.
I retired many years ago after serving 30 years actively.
I rarely speak of it, because no one cared then, and fewer care today.
I did my bit, and when I do stifle myself, its my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back