Father Obtaining Primary Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoja

My situation:

I'm about to file for custody of my 5 year old son since I have had full time with me since October 15th 2013. When his mom sent him to live with me it was under the agreement that when she finished school we would discuss what was best for our child. Since then, she has met a guy that is just recently divorced in May of this year and now she does not want to move closer to me to share time equally with our son. They are supposed to get married in November which is a joke to me. The child is still with me and has started Kindergarten and is also playing fall baseball. I am married for two years with a 7 week old baby. My son's sister obviously. His mother has had no job in 5 years, 3 different residences, and 4 different boyfriends in which she was going to marry 3 of them. In her different residences she has shared a room with my son, very rarely has he been in a situation that he had his own room. I've consulted with 3 attorneys and all said the same thing that it is a crap shoot because we have to transfer the case from Montgomery County to Harris County. She will finish nursing school soon and will be working shift work. I also found out that the boyfriend was institutionalized in the last few years for a suicide attempt. Each time she has had a different boyfriend, the frequency that I see my son has changed. I am tired of her absolute irresponsibility and selfish behavior. She is a very codependent person and the only time she has any kind of stability is when she is with someone and I do not feel that it is fair to me, my son, or my family that we have had to deal with different arrangements because of her boyfriend at the time. I'm not trying to take my son away from his mother but I do not feel that she is responsible enough to make unbiased and unselfish decisions on his part. Everything is always about her and never about our son or anyone else. Back ground on me: mid 30's, home is paid for, my wife is a stay at home mom, I've been at my job for over 5 years and my hours are what we call family flex time which I work when I want as long as the work gets done. I average about 33 to 36 hours a week Monday through Friday between 8 and 4. My wife and I are both 5 minutes away from my sons school. I'm also still paying her child support as dictated by our current custody agreement where I have weekend and summer visitation rights but I am listed 50% conservatorship in regards to his well being. Please tell me I have a good chance to keep my son where he belongs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back