supervised visitation question

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My son has sole legal and physical custody of my granddaughter. The custody order states her mother gets supervised visitation only in the state of NY, as the mother resided in another state for the past year.
The order states visitation is to be supervised by me.

She didn't see the baby for six months, and 2 months ago, she moved to our town. She has no license, and got a job in a diner close by, on the bus route. I have been accomodating to her schedule as far as when we have visitation, but I babysit my granddaughter, and sometimes have appts and things to do myself. I would like to make set day and time so that I will know my own schedule each week. Mother refuses to commit. I also have driven her to and from some visits because she said there was no bus at that time. I don't feel I should have to be responsible for getting her there, setting up a place, jumping when she let's me know at the last minute. This girl has hurt so much in the past. Am I wrong to tell her this..I try to be very cordial so it wouldn't look bad for my son, if she should bring him to court for any reason. But a set schedule would help ease the situationn

Thanks for input

What does the order say about her visits?
Does it require 24, 48, or some minimum advance notice for arranging the visit?
Does it require her to have steady days, such as the Monday and Friday for four hours?

If it doesn't spell that our, your son is free to NEGOTIATE the exact date and time.

You aren't required to be her taxi service.
If she is scheduled to visit on the 25th between 6:00PM - 8:00PM at the park on 33rd and Main, all you ave to do is be there with Baby Dumpling.
If she fails to appear, just document it in a log book, take a couple pictures as proof, and leave at 8:00PM promptly.

If your son and the missing mom can't agree, it's off to court to tell it to the judge.

You can also have your son change the supervising party from you to a local social and child services agency or a social worker. That way it avoids all this nonsense and hanky panky.

You're being used and soybean abused, and its not your issue. You're already doing the most wrk by babysitting. So, tell sonny to address the scheduling mess, as you're doing 98% of the work with his child.

I'll bet you were a great mom,and didn't use your mom to patent your kids.

It's time for him and her to get their acts together.

I really feel sorry for sweet, innocent Baby Dumpling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back