Question about custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadBlueEyes

I have primary physical custody of my 15 and 13 year old..their father keeps telling the 15 year old that he can live there and to move out..he is so pursaded by no rules, staying up late and driving around to god knows where, now he is wanting to move out. Might I add "dad" just got out of jail 5 days ago for owing over $16,000 on back support! 15 y/o has been lying and telling them through messages that he has been asking me to move, which he hasn't! But not the point, what are my options!? I don't want him growing up I'm there environment! Dad bounces from job to Job..so does girlfriend, sometimes they can't go over due to no heat, no food or power! Do I just let him leave and hope he returns or fight like I feel I should seeing I am the one who has raised them on my own and now with husband of 6 years!?

You are the lawful custodial parent.
Let the kid yap, but you simply say NO.
If the kid does disappear, report the matter to the police as a runaway.
If you know he's at Pop's, ask the police or sheriff to meet you there and bring your court order.
Tell the boy he can go anywhere,do whatever the law allows in 24 or fewer months.
He's free to follow the path of The Three Little Pigs at age 18, the age of majority.
Until then, he follows your rules, not Pop's.
The moment he does otherwise (your son), advise him you'll avail yourself of ALL legal options.

I wouldn't concern myself with the deadbeat. It appears life and karma are doing what they do, avenging the wrongs and transgressions he's accumulated as he's destroyed his life and the lives of innocent victims.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back