I rent a room from my brother, the house is a rental. I need to know my rigths

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgar_arias

I recently moved in with my brother. He rents this house from a family friend and thus all agreements are verbal. I have gotten permission (verbal) from the landlord to stay here.
My brother has been doing drugs and acting irrational. Just two days ago he called the police and falsely accused me of having a gun. The police arrived here and I explained to them that my brother has been doing weird things and doing drugs (crystal meth). I wasn't sure if he was hallucinating or just trying to intimidate me. He has repeatedly called the police and made false accusations to the point where the police have told me that this is ridicules. The police are on my side, they know very well that my brother is doing drugs and making false accusations. He is threatening to evict me, What are my rigths? and how long can I stay here before I have to leave? I pay my rent on time, every 1st day of the month. Any advise would be greatly appreciated,thank you.

time to move out buddy. sounds like a bad situation all together likely if your out so is your brother, but as long as your agreement is with the landlord personally and not with your brother you could be treated as individuals but likely if the landlord gets wind of the police calls and the drugs then your both out on your ass. So its best if you cut your ties tell your bro you love him and get out.. now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back