State to state

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimimuni

me and my ex husband have lived in Maine our whole lives. It is the state that we got divorced in. I have sole custody of our two children because he was deemed unfit. he gets visitation every other weekend and one month in the summer.. he decided to move to Florida and took off so he didn't have to pay child support.. i didnt know the address to where he was. now I'm thinking about moving from maine to a separate part of Florida to be close to other family members that I have. he is fighting me on this. He wants me to live in the same area as him but i dont want to. I had a p.o. on him when he was in maine for harrassing me and threatening violence on me. my question is do I have to go back to court to regain sole custody if i move to florida or do all of my divorce papers and rulings in Maine flow over to Florida?

You should file with the court in Maine for relocation to FL where you wish. If he objects he must appear in the Maine court to do so. You can transfer things to FL after you meet residency requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back