Child Visitation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My ex-husband and I are having some serious issues regarding visitation and child support for our 2 children. After we divorced for the first couple months everything was fine, he got the kids when ever he wanted he paid his CS (child support) and all was good. Then he stopped getting the kids consistently. it would be weeks between visits. Our Children were ages 4 and 3 at the time. I would literally (to my own stupidity) beg him to be a constant in his children's life. The last time he seen his children was June 28 2013, over a YEAR ago. However even after he stopped seeing his children he made a point to come see me and pay his CS to me, at time when he knew the children were in school or i were not with me. Then after a while he stopped paying his CS as well. It was ordered through the divorce he just pay me directly with me having the option to file through the court if he quit paying me directly. So after 3 months of him not paying me anymore i went to the courts and filed him for non-payment. He is close to 2 grand behind now. The children do not remember him, ask about him, talk about him, anything like that. They are happy with my fiance being daddy and that's just how its been since the youngest one was 1 1/2. However the problem im facing now is that he says he has a right to see his children because in our divorce he was ordered to get them every other weekend. I know that he cant and wont see them consistently and that its not good for young children to have tat drama in their life. He has no car, no DL, and lives with his parents at the age of 26, i dont know if he even has a job. i dont want my kids around him, plain and simple he is a loser. Do i have to let he have his way and see our kids even though he is behind in his Child support? What happens if i dont follow the divorce order because its in the best interest of the children to NOT see their biological? Its been so long, and he stopped of his own free will, i just dont think its fair to the kids to have that in and out inconsistency in their lives. They are currently 5 and 4, both boys.

Child support payments are not related to chid visitation.
You are required to obey the court order.
If he gets visitation, don't interfere.
Otherwise, back in court you might find yourself.
If he's unfit, back to court you go to tell the judge.
Being a bum or a deadbeat doesn't make one an unfit parent, sorry.
You are free to have your state agency assist you with collecting any support he owes.
The state will do the hard work of collecting for about $2.00 a month, and you can seek to have that waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back