child custody issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinda1979

I need help I don't know what to do... Three years ago my sister had a baby and gave her away there was no adoption she simply signed temporary custody over to this lady... I have been keeping and eye on this lady because I do not at all trust her I loomed into her recently and have seen that she has been arrested in the last 11 months for drug and prostitution charges my sister messaged me all this info and I want to go get my niece my sister doesn't want anything to do with the child.... I can't not leave her with this lady any longerer I don't know what to do though

Yes she has my sister won't tell me the real reason why she gave this baby away. She is afraid to get involved... She told me I'm on my own last night

My sister is acting like she is afraid to get involved.. She told me last night I was on my own had to deal with it by myself...

The father was and illegal he is now back in Elsalvador

If you believe the baby (or anyone for that matter) is in danger, IMMEDIATELY call "911" or visit the local police or sheriff's office and report everything you know.
The police will investigate the matter at a minimum doing what is called a "welfare check".

In fact, from what you believe is happening, when you speak with the police, just ask them to do a welfare check on your niece.

It is suspicious, if not criminal.

A baby just disappears, and is believed to be in the "care" of known drug abusers and those who violate the laws.

I would be worried, worried enough to tell the police.

That's about all you have got.

The worst thing you could do is TRY to take the baby away.
Let's just say, that could get you in some serious trouble. Don't even think about doing that, DO contact the police.

They know what to do, and how to do it.

Last edited:
You need to know the Police are not likely to inform you of their findings even if child is taken from home. Where you will likely be helping the child be safe the child will not be given to you

It's true - the child will not be given to you but remember the important thing is that the child is safe.

I need more information before I can truly say "yes" or "no".

I think more importantly though, OP needs more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back