interstate custody issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

abigail12

I am 30 weeks pregnant...unmarried to the father for 2 years. He cheated and I want to leave the relationship and move back to nc with my family. I understand my rights if I move while still pregnant but what if I wait and give birth in tn? What legal problems will I then face? If I give birth in tn I plan to move within 6 months. Thank you for your help.

I am 30 weeks pregnant...unmarried to the father for 2 years. He cheated and I want to leave the relationship and move back to nc with my family. I understand my rights if I move while still pregnant but what if I wait and give birth in tn? What legal problems will I then face? If I give birth in tn I plan to move within 6 months. Thank you for your help.

Get out now, why wait? He's not the White Knight on a beautiful white horse.
Do what's best for you and your baby.

An unmarried male has no rights to a child he alleges to have sired, unless and until he goes to court and attempts to enforce his paternal rights.

The unwed mama, on the other hand, has all of her maternal rights by virtue of carrying the child to term and birthing it.

Stop worrying about what the cheater will do, and do what's best for you and baby. Your family loves you, you love them. You should have no stressers and be around those who love you. After the baby arrives, everything and everyone is doing well, then you can worry about the cheater.

Its easier when a woman is pregnant if she has a strong support system. You have one, go to them.

Last edited:
Get out now, why wait? He's not the White Knight on a beautiful white horse.
Do what's best for you and your baby.

An unmarried male has no rights to a child he alleges to have sired, unless and until he goes to court and attempts to enforce his paternal rights.

The unwed mama, on the other hand, has all of her maternal rights by virtue of carrying the child to term and birthing it.

Stop worrying about what the cheater will do, and do what's best for you and baby. Your family loves you, you love them. You should have no stressers and be around those who love you. After the baby arrives, everything and everyone is doing well, then you can worry about the cheater.

Its easier when a woman is pregnant if she has a strong support system. You have one, go to them.

I am definitely leaving him no doubts about it....I guess my worry was if I couldn't move states before I gave birth that I could be charged with kidnapping or something if I left with the baby.....but that would only apply if he filed before I moved right? I definitely don't want him to force me back to tn if he can do that.

I am definitely leaving him no doubts about it....I guess my worry was if I couldn't move states before I gave birth that I could be charged with kidnapping or something if I left with the baby.....but that would only apply if he filed before I moved right? I definitely don't want him to force me back to tn if he can do that.

Then don't have the baby in TN.

It's the state of the baby's birth that has jurisdiction over the custody, support, and visitation orders that could issue for and about Baby Dumpling.

Unwed father's have zero rights, unless and until they convince a judge how far to go.

All child care and custody matters are vested solely in the birth mother.

Moving away from the beast and in with your relatives keeps the beast from beating and abusing you.
Moving out of TN and into NC puts the beast at a legal disadvantage. If he wants to secure any rights, he'll have to slither down to NC, at his expense to seek them.

Good luck, forget your stuff, run for your lives, get out yesterday!!!!!!

It's the state of the baby's birth that has jurisdiction over the custody, support, and visitation orders that could issue for and about Baby Dumpling.

Unwed father's have zero rights, unless and until they convince a judge how far to go.

All child care and custody matters are vested solely in the birth mother.

Moving away from the beast and in with your relatives keeps the beast from beating and abusing you.
Moving out of TN and into NC puts the beast at a legal disadvantage. If he wants to secure any rights, he'll have to slither down to NC, at his expense to seek them.

Good luck, forget your stuff, run for your lives, get out yesterday!!!!!!

Thank you so so much for your replies.....I still feel horrible about all this but I know I'm luckier than some....I hate the a*****le for forcing me to make thesevchoices and start MY life all over again....but I will do what's best for my little girl and move where I know I'm loved. U taking time to reply meant a lot....god bless.

Thank you so so much for your replies.....I still feel horrible about all this but I know I'm luckier than some....I hate the a*****le for forcing me to make thesevchoices and start MY life all over again....but I will do what's best for my little girl and move where I know I'm loved. U taking time to reply meant a lot....god bless.

You're more than welcome. You just do everything you can to keep yourself healthy, go where people love you not beat you, and work on delivering a healthy, happy baby in a few more months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back