can i legally get kids if dhr is involved or will i go to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpasp

My mom called dhr on me because I had a dirty home and bad bug problem. a police officer came to my home and talked with my kids and me. a few days later there was a note in my door from dhr. I attempted to call her several times without any answers. That Friday she was at the ymca with my mom preventing me from getting my kids. I made arrangements with one of my friends to come get them. The dhr lady came to my house that day. I didn't know that they had already talked to my kids. I have hardly seen my kids. They made me sign some papers that I didn't really understand. The only paper I got was that they were staying with my friend and the bugs had to be removed from the home. I went and visited my kids at the ymca and was later told I wasn't allowed to do that I had to have supervised visits. it wasn't until later on that a formal isp was done. Which I was suppose to receive in ten days that didn't happen. Now my friends don't really want the kids there and the dhr people are saying I can only have an hour a week with my children supervised. the last time I was visiting my children they had lice in their hair that my friend failed to notice. I am extremely concerned about my kids well being and I just want them home. I went for a psych test and the bugs have been sprayed for. They are suppose to come back in two weeks to spray again. I can't get any straight answers from these people. I want my kids home before school starts back so that we are in a normal routine. I don't know who to talk to it just doesn't seem right. I am tired of dhr telling me I don't know and we want your kids with you.

There's not much we can help with if you don't know what you signed.

Other than that, it's best that you speak with an attorney.

Think of it this way, OP, you can get your home in tip top shape without the kids under foot.
Your mom will take good care of them.
Trust me, no one wants to steal your kids.
Most people have enough to do to care for their own kids.
You get yourself straight, cooperate with the state, things will settle down soon.
You'll have the kiddos back soon enough and your house will be the most beautiful one for a mile around.

Just be polite and professional and work their program. It's not that hard, and if you love your kids (I can feel your love for them), is this too much to make their lives better?
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back