Sign your rights over

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisenhall

My son is incarcerated andHis girlfriend lost the kids to the state for 4 months.She got them back two weeks ago and she is really messing up.I'm afraid the states going to get them back.My son wants to sign over his parental rights to me.For the babies were no longer have to be in the State coustody.So if he gives me his Rights over the kids could I get them is doing going back in the states custody

You can't, sorry.

He can't sign over his rights. If he cannot look after them, and Mom can't, the state will step in again. If that happens, there are options. They will sometimes try to find a relative, and that's where you can step in.

If they prefer not to though, they can basically place the children where they feel the children will be safest.

There's no real answer unfortunately. Louisiana WILL consider kinship care, but it depends on the circumstances.

You'll need an attorney who is familiar with how things go.

Prenatal rights

My son is incarcerated his kids went to the State for months ago His girlfriend got them back.t she is messing up.And I'm afraid the states going to take him back. my son wants to sign over his rights to me.Desperate grandma I don't want to see my grandkids back in the states custody..Please give me advice or help

Please see my response, the second post in this thread..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back