Family law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

The mother of my child has not allowed me my visitation rights or contact with my child for 2 months. She has reduced contact to only email and continues to tell me he doesnt want to see me or talk to me. Refuses to meet me anywhere to discuss this with me. This is the second time she has done this, I filed a motion to enforce visitation and when we got in front of the judge he ordered mediation which she never agreed to go to but she stopped keeping my son from me. Now she is doing the same thing again. My question is what can I do that will give her some consequences for what she is doing? I mean if I don't pay my child support I go to jail. What consequences does she have?

If she does it often enough, the judge can certainly switch custody.

Other than that, all you can do is let the system do its thing.

If you have a court order with custody rights, then you need to document your efforts. Here is an ironclad proof way:

1. Get to the area early and buy something with a credit/debit card (keep the receipt to show the time).

2. Report to the pickup spot.

3. If she is not there or won't hanf the children, call the non-emergency police line and make a report.

Get 3 of these and go back to court. Ask for makeup time and for her to pay your legal fees.

Rinse, repeat as needed. Mutliplem occurances are usually grounds for a modification of custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back