cival

Status
Not open for further replies.

longball59

The wife and I had a judgement against us for visitation of a grandparent. We contested the ruling that he had any rights because of adoption. We moved to Florida and we missed court and the judge put out a warrant if we came back to Indiana. It has been 6 years without him coming to Florida to contest. He was happy to just keep us out of state. What options to we have to be able to come back to Indiana for visits?

The wife and I had a judgement against us for visitation of a grandparent. We contested the ruling that he had any rights because of adoption. We moved to Florida and we missed court and the judge put out a warrant if we came back to Indiana. It has been 6 years without him coming to Florida to contest. He was happy to just keep us out of state. What options to we have to be able to come back to Indiana for visits?

I don't know enough about your case to offer anything more than stay out of the state where you could be arrested.
To lift that warrant, you more than likely will need a licensed Indiana attorney.
If the warrant is for contempt, that might not work.
In the interim, you can discuss the matter with a Florida attorney who might be able to discover more information and offer a better remedy.
Unfortunately, no one ever gets everything they want.
So, I'd simply enjoy my freedom and bide my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back