can I get custody of my niece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nell90

My husband and I have had our nicese since she was three and a half weeks old. She is now 11weeks old. The mom and dad rarely keep in contact. They hardly see this beautiful baby girl. She dont have a connection with them. She has connected with us and our two kids. The momn or dad hasn't got her diapers like she needs. My husband bought baby keyarra a bed because she and her stuff was sent here with out a bed. How can my husband and I go about taking custody?

My husband and I have had our nicese since she was three and a half weeks old. She is now 11weeks old. The mom and dad rarely keep in contact. They hardly see this beautiful baby girl. She dont have a connection with them. She has connected with us and our two kids. The mom or dad hasn't got her diapers like she needs. My husband bought baby keyarra a bed because she and her stuff was sent here with out a bed. How can my husband and I go about taking custody?

Thank you for doing what you feel is best for a baby that seems to have been dropped on your doorstep.

You can't just take custody of a human being.

You should discuss how one might acquire legal custody of this baby with an attorney in your county.

It appears the parents, assuming your version of events is accurate, have abandoned (or are bordering on abandonment) of the child.

It might be a good idea to report this sordid affair to the police or child protective services in your state.

Child protective services can often assist you with legally fostering the child, and in some cases getting custody, or eventually adopting the poor darling.

Abandoning your child is a crime, even if that abandonment is leaving the child with a relative or friend.

You definitely need to talk to a lawyer. This would have to be done through the court system if it can be done ....depends on various factors. (the lawyer will explain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back