visitation between siblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

videoj

I have an off topic of a question. Did't know how to address. My ex wife passed away 10/10/2012. I have a 9 yr old son with her and he lives with me and her daughter,which my step daughter. But she has a biological brother who is 2 yrs younger. He is with is guardian,but not the actual father. Their father is disabled and in assissted living,but the guardian makes it hard for her to see her brother. He makes excuses,such. My son would be his half brother and can not see him either. He was a jerk to my ex when would barely let her see him as well. My daughter wants to see him and spend more time. What can be done. Thanks,jack.

I have an off topic of a question. Did't know how to address. My ex wife passed away 10/10/2012. I have a 9 yr old son with her and he lives with me and her daughter,which my step daughter. But she has a biological brother who is 2 yrs younger. He is with is guardian,but not the actual father. Their father is disabled and in assissted living,but the guardian makes it hard for her to see her brother. He makes excuses,such. My son would be his half brother and can not see him either. He was a jerk to my ex when would barely let her see him as well. My daughter wants to see him and spend more time. What can be done. Thanks,jack.

First of all, please accept my condolences on the passing of your your spouse.

The guardian can do what a parent can do, decide who sees his or her charge.

In essence, if you as the father (or custodial parent) don't want Mr. Jones or Mrs. Blue to see your children, neither will be allowed to see your child.

The guardian is simply exercising his or her authority over the child.

That may not sit well with you, but it is entirely within the prerogative of the child's guardian to determine who is involved in the child's life and who is excluded.

Its sad, in your view, but its very legal.

Pro, it seems the father is disabled & in assisted living. Did you want further details than that?

The girl is living with the OP - I am wondering how that came about if the guy in assisted living is the father of both children.

It would make sense to have them both live with the legal guardian, no?

I just have the feeling that there are perhaps unusual circumstances.

It also may have significant consequences if that is the case, and OP pursues any sort of third party visitation.

The girl is living with the OP - I am wondering how that came about if the guy in assisted living is the father of both children.

It would make sense to have them both live with the legal guardian, no?

I just have the feeling that there are perhaps unusual circumstances.

It also may have significant consequences if that is the case, and OP pursues any sort of third party visitation.

Pro, this is somewhat disjointed to me, too.
The OP seems to claim paternity of a nine year old son with the decedent. .
There is also a daughter that lived with the OP and the descendent.
OP claims that is a stepdaughter.
The stepdaughter has a younger brother.
The younger brother has a guardian because his dad is disabled and resides in an assisted living facility.

I think we can all agree upon the above clues.

I think that younger brother's father isn't the father of the stepdaughter.

I see THREE dads: the OP, the father of the stepdaughter (UNKNOWN to us), and the ailing father of the younger brother.

So, I think there are three children.

Their mother passed, and each has a different dad.

That does beg the question, where/who is the father of the stepdaughter?

How/why is the girl still residing with the OP?

I don't think we'll ever know.

Last edited:
Agree Pro & AJ - post is not completely clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back